[Digikam-users] trouble with image degradation using DK with kipi-plugin: flickr export

Andrew Goodbody ajg02 at elfringham.co.uk
Sun Mar 4 20:19:14 GMT 2012

On 04/03/12 18:41, Jim Dory wrote:
> Ok, I knew that I should be using the sRGB and figured I was as I set
> it up in photoshop once. But maybe after a few upgrades and perhaps
> some uninformed tinkering, I borked that setting. I checked photoshop
> and it is set in 'Color Settings' as sRGB IEC61966-2.1.

I have never used photoshop but my brother has. He had a similar issue
with images looking washed out when uploaded to the web due to colour
space issues. All I really remember about his solution was that he found
a different place in the photoshop settings to specify the colour space
of exported files.
The image that looks correct, the one with the embedded profile, this
one shows no sign of editing by digikam in the exif data. So I really do
think that the ProPhotoRGB is coming from photoshop. Keep digging in the
settings.

> After I posted this problem I checked Digikam's color setting and it
> was I thought on sRGB IEC61966-2.1 (srgb_color_space_profile.icm) but
> not sure where it should be there. There's a couple to choose from. I
> suppose it must have been on the Scarce: ProPhoto Kodak setting but I
> wouldn't have chosen that one.
>
> I'll research how it should be set up.
>
> /jim

Andrew