[Digikam-users] trouble with image degradation using DK with kipi-plugin: flickr export

Antonio Trincone antonio.trincone at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 07:34:15 GMT 2012

At first glance to this topic I browsed flickr site using chrome and did'nt
see any difference like Gilles so what I figured out was a monitor issue or
something like that; but now I compare flickr site using Firefox and chrome
in two different windows and actually it is clear what Jim observed.
Very interested in other possible examples also using jpeg produced by
digital camera and not only scanned images.
Antonio

Il giorno 03 marzo 2012 23:16, Jim Dory <james at dorydesign.com> ha scritto:

> > Hi Jim,
> >
> > If the flickr kipi-plugin resizes the image for uploading, check the jpeg
> > settings it uses, compression and resampling can be changed. Personally,
> > disable resampling and do a high quality for good results.
> >
> > Anders
>
> Ok - that may be it.. quality was set for 85 and Resize was checked.
> I'll try another pic but right now it is a sunny day and I think I
> have to get outside and enjoy some winter snow activities..
> /jd

Antonio Trincone
http://publicationslist.org/antonio.trincone
http://www.icb.cnr.it/antonio.trincone/