[Digikam-users] trouble with image degradation using DK with kipi-plugin: flickr export

Jim Dory james at dorydesign.com
Sat Mar 3 02:44:01 GMT 2012

When I upload a photo to flickr with the kipi-plugin from Digikam, I
get bad coloration.

When I upload using the flickr web uploader I get color as I've developed.

One thing: I've developed these in photoshop running under a windows
virtual machine. But then uploaded with digikam under linux - and get
the problem. I can upload using the flickr web interface under linux
with no problem.

here's an example:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jdory/6799702398/

Bottom image is with Digikam export.

Here's more info:

digiKam version 2.5.0
Exiv2 can write to Jp2: Yes
Exiv2 can write to Jpeg: Yes
Exiv2 can write to Pgf: Yes
Exiv2 can write to Png: Yes
Exiv2 can write to Tiff: Yes
Exiv2 supports XMP metadata: Yes
LibCImg: 130
LibClapack: internal library
LibExiv2: 0.21.1
LibJPEG: 80
LibJasper: 1.900.1
LibKDE: 4.8.00 (4.8.0
LibKExiv2: 2.1.0
LibKGeoMap: 2.0.0
LibKdcraw: 2.0.1
LibLCMS: 119
LibPGF: 6.11.32 - internal library
LibPNG: 1.5.7
LibQt: 4.8.0
LibRaw: 0.14.4
LibTIFF: LIBTIFF, Version 4.0.0 Copyright (c) 1988-1996 Sam Leffler
Copyright (c) 1991-1996 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
Marble Widget: 0.12.97 (0.13 Release Candidate 2)
Parallelized demosaicing: Yes
Database backend: QSQLITE
LibKface: 2.0.0
LibKipi: 1.3.0