[Digikam-users] Digikam 2.5 KDE 4.8 missing thumbnails philip5 PPA

Philip Johnsson philip.johnsson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 19:37:54 GMT 2012

I have now uploaded rebuilded packages of Digikam 2.5 for Ubuntu 11.10
that use the Kubuntu teams PPA with KDE 4.8.0. If you use KDE 4.8.0
from that PPA then also add my kubuntu-backports PPA. That mean that
you have to have both my "extra" PPA and the "kubuntu-backports" PPA
from my site on Launchpad, https://launchpad.net/~philip5.

You can add this PPA by typing the following command in your terminal:

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:philip5/kubuntu-backports

If you are using KDE 4.8.0 this will also give the benefit Digikam
using newer versions of exiv2 and libraw.

If you don't use KDE 4.8 with (k)ubuntu 11.10 then don't use this.

Happy digikaming!

/Philip