[Digikam-users] Startup behavior DK 2.5 on SuSE 12.1

Carl McGrath cmcgrath5035 at comcast.net
Thu Jun 28 12:31:46 BST 2012

I am running Digikam**V*ersion 2.5.0 *Using KDE Development Platform
4.8.4 (4.8.4) "release 513"

Suse YAST reports version 2.5.0-146.3; I am running Suse 12.1_x86_64

In Digikam Settings I have the Main View set to Sort by Name and in
Descending Order.

When Digikam starts up, the Main View is sorted by Name, but in
Ascending order.
Clicking View-Image Sorting Order Shows Descending selected.
Clicking on Descending closes the menu and the window now sorts as I
want (Descending).

This is a relatively new issue - it used to work but just noticed having
to resort after several SuSE and Digikam updates.

Starting Digikam from CLI does not reveal any unusual messages.

Any suggestions?