[Digikam-users] How to use versioning?

Andreas Mair amair.sob at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 19 07:37:29 BST 2012

Hello,

finally I got it working!

I ran tests under a new user without modifying any setting in digiKam
and versioning worked. After that I compared the two digiKam settings
files and tried to find out which setting in my non-working user was
the reason.

And here it is:
digiKam settings: Metadata / Behavior / Reading and Writing Metadata
If I enable "Write to sidecar files" and set this option to anything
but "Write to XMP sidecar for read-only image only" versioning
*doesn't* work (even if image is read-only).
I mean:
- on that page I've only enabled "Read from sidecar files" and nothing
else => versioning works (history OK)
- now enable "Wright to sidecar files" and set it to "Write to XMP
sidecar for read-only image only" => versioning still works
- now set "Wright to sidecar files" to "Write to sidecar only" or
"Write to image and XMP Sidecar" => versionimng *not* works

Is this reproduceable by anybody?

Best regards,
Andreas