[Digikam-users] digikam does not read all xmp metadata

Jan Köster koester_jan at gmx.net
Mon Jun 11 17:17:13 BST 2012

Am Montag, den 11.06.2012, 17:43 +0200 schrieb Marie-Noëlle Augendre:
> XMP sidecar files are specific to each application. There is no way
> one can read the .xmp file written by another program.
>
> Marie-Noëlle

Well yes. But as far as I've understood that's the reason why there are
namespaces. And Bibble5, Corel Aftershot, Adobe Lightroom and Adobe
Bridge can understand these files. I'm not talking about information on
editing. It's totally clear that this will not work. But it should be
possible to read keywords, shouldn't it?