[Digikam-users] digikam 2.6, Empty albums

Remco Viƫtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Thu Jun 7 14:29:28 BST 2012

On Thursday 07 June 2012 14:56:53 Gilles Caulier wrote:
> Ahahah (:=))) :
> CQFD... it's binary compatibity issue, as usual !!!
>
> Typicially, you have updated binary packages with yum, and run-time
> compatibilty have been broken. Thanks Fedora packagers. It's not so far a
> digiKam problem...

Or, as Stuart wrote in a parallel subthread, it might be a matter of
restarting the KDE session (log-out and log-in should do this): libraries that
are in use can be updated on disk, but the old version will stay in memory. Qt
is used by all of KDE, so a simple restart of Digikam will still get the old
libraries.
So, based on what we know so far, it's perhaps not even the fault of the
Fedora packagers...

Remco

> > Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (version 0x40802) with this library
> > (version 0x40801)
> > kioslave: ####### CRASH ###### protocol = kio_digikamalbums pid =
3923signal = 6