[Digikam-users] Separate instances of digikam, different album trees, same machine?

John Stumbles john at stumbles.org.uk
Tue Jun 5 22:37:29 BST 2012

Is it possible to run more than one instance of digikam at the same time
on a machine, operating on different album trees and with different
databases?

I have a tree of work photographs entirely separate from my
'recreational' photos which I'd like to use digikam to organise. I'd
like to be able to mirror the album tree and database file to a laptop I
use for work, which doesn't have enough disk space to take my main,
recreational album tree. And the tags I would want for the work
photographs are different from those I use for my main collection.

I can't see, in digikam's help manual, any way to invoke it with a
command line parameter to specify where to find its config files or
anything like that so I guess the answer is probably that it is not
possible, but I thought I'd ask anyway!

--
John Stumbles                                    http://stumbles.org.uk