[Digikam-users] File save/export dialog issue

Carl McGrath cmcgrath5035 at comcast.net
Sat Jun 2 16:30:14 BST 2012

I run Digikam 2.5.0 on SuSE 12.1/KDE 4.8.3.

Current Digikam is 2.5.0-145.3-x86_64.

When I have a file open in the editor and choose Export, a filechooser
window opens with the last used directory as the default location and
the current name of the file being edited showing as the file name.
When I navigate to a different save-to directory, either using the
bookmark tool or the file system navigation tools, the filename field
goes blank.

This is new behavior for Digikam, I believe, within the past couple weeks.
It is a PITA to add back the same, somewhat complex file name, so I
would have noticed.
The filechooser comes from the SuSE look and feel integration package.
The same filechooser runs for saves in Mozilla (Firefox, Thunderbird)
but the file name issue does not exist there.

Are others seeing this?
On SuSE, or ?

I am not sure if it is a Digikam issue, a KDE issue or a SuSE issue.

Thanks