[Digikam-users] command line tool to normalize exif orientation flag

jdd jdd at dodin.org
Fri Jun 1 15:19:33 BST 2012

may be I don't read right the exifs in digikam... but I'm extremely
puzzled.

from original jpg files, I do this in a sh script:

mkdir thumbnail
mkdir pwg_high

for I in *.jpg ; do
	convert -auto-orient -resize 1800x1800 $I pwg_high/$I ;
	convert -resize 800x800 pwg_high/$I $I ;
	convert -resize 128x128 pwg_high/$I thumbnail/TN-$I ;

done

this first copy a file with the maximum size 1800 pixels, whatever
horizontal or vertical in the high quality folder.

(new) in the mean time it normalize the orientation.

then from this very image it creates the medium (current) quality
image (erasing the original one - always work on a copy!), then the
thumbnail for album view.

All this is for piwigo use.

I copied a two images example here:

http://dodin.org/temp/20120529-cara.tar.gz

As far as I understand, the three related images should have the same
orientation, no?

in dolphin, it's ok

In my 2.6.0 digikam (Date de construction : May 11 2012 (cible :
release)), the "normal" (600x800) image is rotated to the right, the
two others are seen normally, vertical.

exifs seems to be exactly the same for the three images.

the three other images are as expected.

do you have the same result? any idea??

thanks
jdd