[Digikam-users] Works on MacOSX root, but not for User. [SOLVED]

crozilla crozilla at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 22:53:46 BST 2012

> @ crozilla: Did you tried to fix the permissions e.g. with onyx?

Yes, I did and that didn't work. But what DID work was going back to the
README (see above) and installing Digikam as User instead of Root.

I think I tried to install as User originally but had to 'su username' and
parts of the install wouldn't accept my root password.

So I rebooted as Root and installed it. That worked, for Root. As a user,
crashville.

However, Mikeg's suggestion to reinstall mysql got me to run the two key
lines in the README's step four as User without thinking:

> launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchAgents/org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist
> /opt/local/bin/kbuildsycoca4

Last time I ran them, I think they got sudo'd as I was still in Root. To my
surprise, they ran without needing to sudo first, unlike everything else.
(Does that need to be notated in the README?)

Now digikam runs fine! However, I have it installed for BOTH Root and User
now which is seriously eating up disk space. Any way to easily remove the
code I don't need in my Root account?

Thanks for all the help, guys!