[Digikam-users] Slideshow writes metadata to file - why?

Anders Kamf digikam at kamf.se
Tue Jul 31 09:47:25 BST 2012

Thanks for putting attention to this issue!

The following four tags are changed (created) when a picture is showed
in slideshow:
Processing Software   : digiKam-2.5.0
Software              : digiKam-2.5.0
Creator Tool          : digiKam-2.5.0
Originating Program   : digiKam

These four tags are also created/set when e.g. applying rating or a
tag to a picture. In that case it is not a big problem though, since
the metadata is touched anyway.

I.e. if a picture is tagged from digiKam and then showed in slideshow,
nothing will happen since the four tags are already present in the
metadata. But if a picture is not touched by digiKam before, or
touched by an older version of digiKam, there will a change.

The problem is only when using the simple digiKam slideshow (F9), the
advanced one doesn’t change the metadata.

Thanks!
Anders