[Digikam-users] digikam and gimp

maderios maderios at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 20:25:34 BST 2012

On 07/26/2012 09:02 PM, David Vincent-Jones wrote:
> I think that Krita will do what you want.
Hi
Impossible to really work with Krita, we can't compare these two
softwares..... Sorry...

> It also has the advantage of keeping your images in 16 bit format and
> since you have already 'invested' in the KDE environment should not take
> up too much space.
>
> The latest version of Krita is 2.4.0 and is quite a change from previous
> offerings.
>
> David
>
> On Thu, 2012-07-26 at 20:29 +0200, jdd wrote:
>> Le 26/07/2012 20:02, Bruno Kiste a écrit :
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> select all relevant images. Click "Open with". Choose GIMP.
>>> It works for me here.

Several people asked for Digikam shortcut to open pictures with Gimp.
When you have hundred or thousands pictures to open with Gimp you get
lot of time. Digikam can't do that so I use Konqueror or Nautilus to
launch Gimp in one click. The real question is : is Digikam able to edit
pictures as well as Gimp ? I think not. So, if you need to work with
Digikam, my opinion is that  Digikam need shorcut to quickly launch Gimp
Best regards
Maderios