[Digikam-users] RAW pictures: darkness + saturation

Elle Stone l.elle.stone at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 20:01:02 BST 2012

On 7/24/12, Sven Burmeister <sven.burmeister at gmx.net> wrote:

> Are you sure that linear shift is the correct option?

I can't say for certain-sure because I've never looked at the code,
nor monitored digiKam raw processing from the command line. But when
compared to UFRaw, for example, the digiKam linear shift allows you to
pull back the highlights, retaining all the original channel
information, as discussed in this bug report/article:
http://ninedegreesbelow.com/photography/ufraw-highlights.html. Unless
digiKam has changed since I last tested, which was a while ago.

So functionally it acts like "-S". But digiKam uses libraw
(http://www.digikam.org/node/372) rather than dcraw directly. So I
don't think digiKam directly accesses dcraw to do anything. But I
could be wrong.