[Digikam-users] help for beginner -- archives, forum, albums

Thorsten Schnebeck thorsten.schnebeck at gmx.net
Tue Jul 24 18:35:44 BST 2012

Hi :-)

Am Dienstag 24 Juli 2012, 18:32:04 schrieb John O'Neall:
> I cannot find any archives for the mailing list.
Better use a searchable ML service like
http://digikam.1695700.n4.nabble.com/digikam-users-f1735189.html

> Also, if I look at the Digikam Forum, I see there are 0 (zero) articles
> posted. What in the world is this?

Hmm, maybe we are all old-fashioned Mail junkies :-)

> I am looking for info on how albums are maintained and how to manage
> them. I do not only want to create them, but to remove, e.g., a given
> disk directory collection WITHOUT deleting all the pictures.
>
> Thanks in advance.
Short version: an Album view is a filesystem folder of images.

What about starting with the handbook:
http://docs.kde.org/development/en/extragear-graphics/digikam/using-kapp.html#using-myalbumsview

HTH

  Thorsten