[Digikam-users] RAW pictures: darkness + saturation

Elle Stone l.elle.stone at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 17:50:34 BST 2012

saturation -S is set using
(check) Exposure Correction. Shift linear.

I don't think there is a way to set the -k option using digiKam.

I've experimented and never myself seen any benefit from altering the
"-k", darkness" value that dcraw calculates. It seems that if you
change the calculated "darkness" value, you need to "recolor balance
from the shadow end of the image", so to speak.

So I am really, really curious what camera/type of image you are
processing that benefits from altering the dcraw "-k" value. Do you
have screen shots?

Also, does anyone know what digiKam Highlight EV does?

Kind regards,
Elle

On Tue, 24 Jul 2012 18:09 +0200, Sven Burmeister
<sven.burmeister at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hey everybody!
>
> With dcraw I can set the darkness with the -k option. This is useful if you
>
> e.g get foggy shadows.
>
> Same for saturation: -S.
>
> How can I set these via digikam?
>
> Sven

http://ninedegreesbelow.com
Articles and tutorials on open source digital imaging and photography