[Digikam-users] "Rebuild Thumbnails" Bug

Jordan jordannh at fastmail.fm
Sat Jul 21 23:06:58 BST 2012

I've scoured the internet and asked on IRC several times, and still haven't
found the answer.  This problem has been plaging me since Digikam 2.4, though
now I've upgraded to 2.7 in hopes the problem is resolved.
When I start digikam all my thumbnails are blank.  So I click on maintenance >
[x] rebuild thumbnails > OK.  Then digikam hangs.  It shows no dialog, the
progress box down at the bottom says "No active process" : it's just frozen.
When I try to click on menus KDE crashes and restarts.
I did read the FAQ http://digikam.org/drupal/node/39 , but this seems very
outdated since kcontrol hasn't been around since kde 3.
Any ideas?  Thanks.