[Digikam-users] Slideshow writes metadata to file - why?

Anders Kamf digikam at kamf.se
Fri Jul 20 23:08:01 BST 2012

Hi!

First: thanks for a great program!

I have a question about metadata embedded in files. Whenever showing a
picture in the slideshow, digiKam edit the metadata of the picture. It
adds information to the file:

Processing Software             : digiKam-2.5.0
Software                        : digiKam-2.5.0
Creator Tool                    : digiKam-2.5.0
Originating Program             : digiKam

I like digiKam to save image rating etc. to metadata embedded in
files, but that is when I change i.e. the rating. I don’t want it to
change a file when simply viewing it in the slideshow.

Anybody know why digiKam does this?
Is it possible to turn off? (The settings are quite detailed about
which metadata to save embedded in the files, but as far as I can see
it doesn’t say anything about this specific behavior.)

Regards
Anders