[Digikam-users] Sharing database between Windows and Linux

James R. Shipman JimShip at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 20 00:51:15 BST 2012

I also gave up trying.  My wife uses Picasa on windows and I use digikam
on linux.  I set digikam to change the file mod date/time when it writes
metadata.  This causes picasa to pick up the changes.  The main problem
is that it is very difficult to get rid of a tag as each photo manager
(digikam and picasa) maintain separate databases and each one wants to
merge the photo data with its own database and write the result out to
the image.  I finally solved this by shuting down picasa while I delete
tags etc. in digikam; then shut down digikam and delete them again in
picasa. then when I start digikam again the extra tags are now gone from
both systems and the images.
Jim Shipman