[Digikam-users] Any news about the five GSoC 2012 projects?

Michael Marending againsttcpa84 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 13:09:08 BST 2012

Hello,

under https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/projects/list/google/gsoc2012
I can find five Google Summer of Code projects related to digiKam
("digikam" in the title). Afaik the 13th July 2012 was some kind of a
intermediate deadline, and I was wondering if anyone has any news about
how these five projects come along.
I love all of them and they will have a direct impact on my work flow.
Especially face recognition (finally) and a video slide show generator
(finally) are very exciting for me :-)

1) "Video Slide Show Generator" by A Janardhan Reddy
2) "Import Tool Revamp in digiKam" by Islam Wazery
3) "Face Recognition for Digikam" by nightcrawler
4) "digiKam: Improve integration of Photivo" by peex
5) "UPnP / DLNA plugin for digiKam" by Smit Mehta