[Digikam-users] Any interests in Digikam 2.0 packages and digikam PPA?

jag59 jldeshpande at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 13:58:00 BST 2012

John Bestevaar wrote

> I am in awe of your development achievements for Digikam.
> But i have Ubuntu 10.04 and Digikam 1.2.0 and i cant find a more updated
> Digikam package for Lucid Lynx  on your PPA.
> Cheers JohnB

I was waiting for mint13kde(LTS), but as it is not available yet, installed
kubuntu 12.04 LTS before one week. By default there is dk 2.5.0 but i am
thinking of upgrading to 2.7.0 by adding Philip's PPI.
The trouble with kubuntu is- by default hibernation is disabled. If 'sudo
pm-hibernate' (in konsole) hibernates the system, enable it by referring the
forum post
https://help.ubuntu.com/12.04/ubuntu-help/power-hibernate.html
Then I added plasma widgets
plasma-widget-quickaccess
plasma-widget-lancelot
Now i am very satisfied with it and may not install mint13kde.

-Jagdeesh

-----
Jagdeesh Deshpande.
Registered Linux user #492893