[Digikam-users] digikam 2.6.0, fedora 17 no thumbnails in import dialog

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 17:34:45 BST 2012

2012/7/1 Anders Stedtlund <falolaf at gmail.com>

> Are you suggesting that there are problems with the gphoto2 version in
> fedora?

Yes, probably...

> With openSUSE I have no problems to see the thumbnails. I haven't had
> these problems since I bought the camera two years ago.

As i'm a sony camera user, i can switch from PTP GPhoto2 driver to UMS
digiKam driver to test Gphoto2 interface. definitivly, UMS is always better
to import pictures in digiKam, but sometime, you don't have choice, and
connecting camera to computer is the only way.

Anyway, outside the Gphoto2 driver, using a memory card reader prevent to
discharge camera battery to download items on computer, but it's another
problem...

Personaly, my ultrabook has an embeded memory card reader, which simplify
my live...

Gilles Caulier