[Digikam-users] Moving files outside digikam / digikam automation

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Tue Jan 31 22:01:00 GMT 2012

Tirsdag den 31. januar 2012 21:16:17 Ben Staude skrev:
> Hi Anders,
>
> >Mandag den 30. januar 2012 21:58:15 Ben Staude skrev:
> [...]
>
> >> Background: I'm looking for ways to automate the process of dividing big
> >> folders (like 2GB of images coming from SD card) into small ones. My
> >> approach currently would be to write a script that is called via
> >> RMB->"Open
> >> With" on multiple selected images (like all pictures of a single
> >> birthday,
> >> holiday trip, ...) and moves these selected images to a folder that is
> >> automagically created by the script.
>
> [...]
>
> >Digikam importing have an option to make date based albums, it that can
> >help>
> >:)
>
> I've seen that option, but it's not what I need. I need to select the images
> by myself and also need more control over where and with what name the new
> folders are created.
>
> So I'm still hoping for answers to the original question!?

Hi again,

If you select the images yourself, you can do it during import to digikam -
select the images you want, and download them into the desired album, it is
possible to create a new one for it.

Alternatively, download into digikam, and then use either tags flags to select
them, or just so a selection holding control while clicking or pressing space
will allow you to create any selection, then drag them to an album.

You can probably also select them in your file manager and drag them onto a
digikam album.

Hope this helps :)

Anders