[Digikam-users] DAM, DAM with Digikam. Importing photos from a memory card.

Mark Hayes (Hotmail) mark_hayes_1973 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 25 14:03:11 GMT 2012

Dear all,

Another question - about importing from a memory card.

This one is quite simple really, but confusing nevertheless, and consequently a bit of a PITA for any newbie to the Digikam (or Linux, for that matter).

When I insert a memory card, I have some difficulties in picking the right memory card up from within Digikam when I want to import...

Quite simply, the name for the card/device that Digikam picks up is not the same as the name that is displayed by the KDE system etc...  This means that I have to click through several attached devices, working out which one is the one with my photos on it before I am able to download.

How do I make sure that devices/cards attached are shown up under the same names as are notified to me by KDE when I plug in the card in the first place?  It's only a little tiny thing, but anything that makes life easier and more transparent to the user has got to be a good thing, right?

Consistency can only help - and either my setup is wrong, or something could do with tweaking.  How do I go about fixing this?

Many thanks,

Mark.