[Digikam-users] First run and re-scan

Mark Hayes (Hotmail) mark_hayes_1973 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 25 01:29:04 GMT 2012

Dear all,

I've been slowly trying out Digikam for a while, and whilst it is
undeniably impressive FOSS software, I keep hitting on a problem.

Every now and again, when I launch the software, Digikam starts all over
from scratch, re-scans my photos, and seems to set up a new database. It's
just done it again this week and it's really starting to upset me. Each
time this happens, I lose my tag structure and all data that was only in
the database...

Why does this happen, and how can I recover any lost info, if at all?

I'm using Kubuntu 11.10 with the standard repository install.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Mark.