[Digikam-users] edit metadata via information tab of caption/tags sidebar?

Erik Felthauser efelthauser at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 00:53:44 GMT 2012

I think I used to be able to edit additional metadata such as 'city' via
the Information tab of the caption/tags sidebar.  However, I think since
upgrading ubuntu to 11.10, I no longer can. If I click on one of the fields
there (below the template selector dropdown), I cannot edit any of them: no
cursor appears.

I have tried digikam 2.1 in regular ubuntu repo, as well as 2.5 from the
philip5 ppa.

Is it supposed to be possible to do this, or is it just my imagination that
I used to? I found a tutorial suggesting it is possible:
http://scribblesandsnaps.wordpress.com/2011/02/22/work-with-photo-metadata-in-digikam/

If this is indeed *not* possible, is the only way to edit the city fields
(besides hardwiring it into a template), then, to use the kipi
Image>Metadata>'edit all metadata' menu item window?