[Digikam-users] Upgrading Digikam outside of Ubuntu software centre

jag59 jldeshpande at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 19:00:11 GMT 2012

Gary Pocklington wrote

> Hello,
>
> Ok, so I seem to have established that Ubuntu/Conical are not going to
> supply updates for Digikam (why not?!).
>
> I have a couple of questions, bearing in mind that I would like to keep
> Digikam up to date and have stable software.
>
> Is there a simple way of upgrading to latest stable version of Digikam
> outside of the Ubuntu software centre? For non-technical type people
> like myself?
>
> Gary

Or install PCLinuxOS.You will get latest KDE and digikam every month from
the single default repository, you need not configure anything else. Now KDE
is quite stable, but new bugs can always be there. Try first on test machine
or in virtual box before using on production machine....this will be a safe
advise.

-----
Jagdeesh Deshpande.
Registered Linux user #492893