[Digikam-users] RAW editing

Wilkins, Vern W vwilkins at indiana.edu
Fri Jan 20 14:57:26 GMT 2012

This issue comes up repeatedly and I think that does say something about Digikam's raw processing.  There are often responses indicating that Digikam 'can' work well for editing raw files.  I love the program and appreciate all the work of the developers, but I have never found it suitable for my needs when it comes to raw processing.  I can get a reasonable conversion if I tweak different settings for every individual image, but there just doesn't seem to be much consistency and the settings I need to tweak to get a decent image are not at all similar to settings I'd tweak in other programs.  It just seems the initial conversion is so far off that there might be half a dozen different things I have to do to the image to make it look even remotely like the camera jpeg.  It has always been just easier for me to use Ufraw to do the initial conversion from raw to png, and then do sharpening, tagging, etc., in Digikam.

Vern