[Digikam-users] Digikam running under Ubuntu 11.10

Gary Pocklington garyd.pocklington at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 11:38:25 GMT 2012

I am running Ubuntu v11.10. I have downloaded Digikam v2.1.1 and the
libgphoto2 library functions 2.4.11-3 from the Ubuntu software depository.

I am trying to upload photos from a Canon Powershot G2 camera. I connect
this via the USB port. When I run Digikam and try and import these I
cannot. It says that it has been 'auto detected' but when I choose to
import nothing happens.

It appears as though when the camera is connected via USB, Ubuntu mounts
it. I have tried unmounting but it makes no difference. However, I did
try running gphoto2 from the command line (I believe this uses the same
libgphoto2 functions as Digikam). I was able to see the camera and
upload images from it.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Perhaps someone can suggest
some ideas or solutions?

Thanks

Gary