[Digikam-users] Can't use google maps in digiKam

Martin Burnicki martin.burnicki at gmx.de
Fri Jan 13 16:00:30 GMT 2012

Anders Stedtlund wrote:
> It mostly makes me sad... :-)
>
> Anyone with openSUSE 12.1 and KDE 4.7.4 with working setup?

I'm using DK 2.3.0 from openSUSE's KDE::UpdatedApps repo under openSUSE 11.4
with KDE 4.6.0.

Previously I had used Google maps to geotag some photos wit DK 1.9. Until
recently I have been unable to use Google maps at all with the current
versions. After I had installed some additional libraries the Google map is
now shown in the geo tagging dialog.

The problem I'm observing is the opposite of yours: when I click into the map
window and move the mouse cursor then the map *is* panned according to the
cursor movement. However, I'm unable to click into the mapin order to set a
location mark for the photo I'm trying to geotag. :-(

Martin