[Digikam-users] tags/keywords between Adobe Lightroom and Digikam

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Mon Jan 2 16:55:12 GMT 2012

Am 02.01.2012 15:53, schrieb Marie-Noëlle Augendre:

> 2012/1/2 Ivan Tarozzi <itarozzi at gmail.com <mailto:itarozzi at gmail.com>>
>
>     Il 02/01/2012 14:19, Karl Günter Wünsch ha scritto:
>
>         On 02/01/12 13:48, Marie-Noëlle Augendre wrote:
>
>             That's great news ... for LR users. Is there something
>             similar for
>             Darktable (for those of us that use Linux 100%)?
>
>         Have a look at rawtherapee as well. It's well beyond anything
>         Darktable
>         can do in terms of processing RAW images... IIRC XMP support is
>         currently being added properly to rawtherapee, so digikam just
>         needs to
>         be able to support this.
>         regards
>         Karl Günter
>

>     May be RT is another of great piece of software, but I feel better
>     with darktable :)
>

> Same for me: I began with RawTherapee, because Darktable seems quite
> complicate to begin with; but I switched to Darktable  a few weeks ago,
> and there is no going back! Morevoer, the team is very dynamic, and
> functionalities are expending quickly.

I second that. I use darktable since about one year now and am really
pleased with the results and the performance (development and the
program itself). I try rawtherapee every now and then and it is a fine
peace of software. But I am used to darktables handling.

As I only shot raw photos since using darktable I changed my operation
method a little bit:

- import photos with digikam (renaming and simmilar stuuf included)
- first raw process step with darktable
- export to jpeg with darktable
- tagging with digikam (jpeg and raw, raw in digikam db only).

If there is a need to change some parameters in darktable I adjust them
and export the affected pictures once again (gets _01 append to the
basename). After that I run a script which copies the exif data from the
old jpeg to the new one and replace the old jpeg with the new one.

If I have to do some final stuff I export the photo into png and do it
mostly in gimp. But management is still done in digikam.

Martin