[Digikam-users] Digikam 2.5 KDE 4.8 missing thumbnails philip5 PPA

Manfred manfred.1980 at freenet.de
Wed Feb 29 12:40:41 GMT 2012

I recently updatet to KDE 4.8. Digikam 2.5 does start.

But it doesn't show any thumbnails and every folder shows 0 pictures!

I choosed one existing folder to refresh thumbnails. It works over all
unvisible (but still) existing pictures. Afterwards still no thumbnails and
counting 0 pictures continues. Files are there, but not shown. The pictures
I I choosed for the folder thumbnails on the very left side menu still are
still shown.

Starting digikam from konsole I get this message, which might be related to
the problem:

digikam(8067): couldn't create slave: "Aufruf des Ein-/Ausgabemoduls nicht
möglich.
(Something like calling IOmodules not possible)
klauncher meldet: Fehler beim Laden von „kio_digikamdates“
(klauncher says problem with kio_digikamdates)
 ... continues that way ...

than:

digikam(8067)/digikam (core) Digikam::ImageInfoJob::slotResult: Failed to
list url:  "Prozess kann nicht gestartet werden: Aufruf des
Ein-/Ausgabemoduls nicht möglich. (calling IO-module not possible)
klauncher meldet: Fehler beim Laden von „kio_digikamsearch“
(problem calling kio-digikamsearch)

(I dont know, if this is related to the problem: Updating to KDE 4.8 there
went something wrong. I ended up with many deinstalled programs, digikam
was
deinstalled as well, so I just reinstalled it from philip's extra ppa. It's
todays version)

Any ideas where that comes from?