[Digikam-users] digiKam crashes Raid

mcmatt mcmatt at mattlab.de
Wed Feb 22 10:34:13 GMT 2012

Hi there,

if I do any big operation with digiKam, such as, scanning all images for
faces or re-reading the metadata from all images, digiKam crashes my Raid-1
that contains the image files (and also the digiKam database). Happens with
version 2.2 and current 2.5 of digiKam. Is there anything known about that?
I do not have this problem with any other application doing operations on
many files ...

I assume that the problem is very likely not directly connected to digiKam.
However, digiKam might access the files in a way that demands a lot from the
I/O interface ...

Thanks,

M.