[Digikam-users] Black background of short summary display Ubuntu

Tom Cada thomas.cada at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 22:27:41 GMT 2012

Hi all.

I have installed Ubuntu 11.10, and then installed digiKam 2.1.1 from
the repository.

It runs well except that it is afflicted with the black background for
the summary when I mouse over a thumbnail. I have tried changing
themes. Some of them work (Won Ton Soup for example), but then the
characters in the panels on either side (Albums, and Meta data) are
not displayed properly. In this case, it appears that the background
colour is not displayed where the text is.

I see that there is a resolved bug for this issue (250265).

Am I missing a library, or theme that corrects this issue?

Thanks... Tom.