[Digikam-users] Moving files outside digikam / digikam automation

Marie-Noëlle Augendre mnaugendre at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 23:07:05 GMT 2012

2012/2/1 Ben Staude <sben1783 at yahoo.de>

> The process of importing, for me, always happens when there's absolutely no
> time for nothing because I suddenly need the camera with an empty card to
> leave for the weekend or holiday. This always is the last thing that comes
> into my mind before leaving:)

I find this very strange, as importing pictures is the first thing I do
when I come back home; even if I have not enough time to sort all the
pictures I've taken, I usually like to browse them at least to roughly see
if 'the hunitng was good'. ;-)

> > Alternatively, download into digikam, and then use either tags flags to
> > select them, or just so a selection holding control while clicking or
> > pressing space will allow you to create any selection, then drag them to
> > an album.
> >
> > You can probably also select them in your file manager and drag them
> onto a
> > digikam album.
>
> The tricky part of my process is creating an album with the right name at
> the
> appropriate position in my collection. That's where I want the script to
> help
> me (partially interactive). And while it's running anyway, it should also
> move
> the images right there.

I don't bother with the right name and the appropriate position at import
time : everything I import go first in a "A trier" folder, till I have time
to look at them more thoroughly; those I want to keep will then go to the
appropriate folder. And I don't hesitate to rename or move folders when it
find it suitable.
Even when the photos are not yet in their final folder, I can always use
Digikam tools (date criteria, filters, metadata, etc.) to find what I'm
looking for.

Marie-Noëlle

--
Mes dernières photos sont dans ma