[Digikam-users] Canon Ixus50 detected by computer but not enough for Digikam

Pierre Edelman pierre at e-delman.com
Sat Dec 29 19:24:55 GMT 2012

Hi,
My younger son runs Lubuntu and I just installed Digikam on his old
computer.
When we connect his Canon Ixus50 the computer offers to open with
digikamor Dolphin. When choosing digikam it starts the software (so
far so good)
but then the import window is superseded by another one saying that the
peripheral cannot connect (retry or cancel). The import menu suggests the
canon but when going to this only option, we get the same.
It seems that the canon is not mounted but it is the same on my PC (Kubuntu).
Any idea how to make digikam work in this case?

BR
Pierre