[Digikam-users] digiKam does not show all thumbnails in one album

Marie-Noëlle Augendre mnaugendre at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 21:04:44 GMT 2012

That resembles to a DB problem I (and some others too) had a few months ago.
In some cases, records remain in the database with wrong values that
prevents Digikam to 'see' and accept the corresponding pictures. You might
find some more information in searching the mailing-list archives.

As it is, I don't consider Digikam DB management 100% reliable yet,
especially regarding the tags hierarchy management, and may be still the
grouping functionality (that was what made me 'loose' pictures). And I am
waiting for the next stable version - crossing fingers, hoping it'll be
'the good one' this time - before reorganizing all my collections.

Hope this helps ... a bit.
Marie-Noëlle

2012/12/27 Peter Mc Donough <mcd-mail-lists at gmx.net>

> Hi
>
> I have come across a strange problem.
>
> I marked and renamed within digiKam in one album all photos (.DNGs) which
> worked, slowly but surely.
>
> Then I noticed there were 583 thumbnails, but 586 entries in that album.
> I left digiKam, identified three (not renamed) photos. After copying and
> moving them to another (empty) digiKam album, I renamed them there, and
> opened digiKam again. The new album showed three entries but no thumbnails.
> Exit digiKam again.
>
> Test with showFoto: No problems with the photos, they were there, but
> digiKam obviously didn't like them.
> I saved them in showFoto from .DNG to .PNG and digiKam generated
> thumbnails for the .PNGs. Six entries in the album, but only three
> thumbnails.
>
> I left digikam.
>
> Then I went to a backup to exclude any mixup during the renaming process
> in digiKam.
> Copied four (the three "bad", and an other "good" .DNGs from there,
> renamed them in Linux and moved the to the new digiKam album.
>
> I opened digiKam again.
> Still not there, except thumbnails for the "good" .DNG plus the three
> fresh .PNGs. <F5> didn't help.
>
> System opensuse 12.2, KDE 4.9
> digiKam Version 2.9.0 unter KDE 4.9.4 "release 5"
>
> Any idea?
>
> cu
> Peter

<http://www.marie-noelle-augendre.com/photos/>

Mes dernières photos sont dans ma
galerie<http://www.marie-noelle-augendre.com/photos/>
.
Connaissez-vous Image Fixe <http://image-fixe.org>, le photo-club de Saint
Jean du Gard ?
Et parcourez les Cévennes à ma façon avec Cévennes
Plurielles<http://www.cevennes-plurielles.com/>,