[Digikam-users] file permissions of jpeg images change after rotating images in album view

Carl McGrath cmcgrath5035 at comcast.net
Thu Dec 27 13:13:40 GMT 2012

I am running Digikam 2.9.0 on openSUSE 12.2 with KDE 4.9.4
My files are local.
I was curious when I read this, had never noticed.

What I see is that (all ?) landscape photos are permissions -rw-r--r--
and portrait photos are permissions -rw-------
I seldom rotate photos, so I assume that portrait shots are rotated on
import (SD card in USB reader) and the permissions set.
I opened a landscape shot in album view and manually rotated it and did
observe permissions changing from -rw-r--r-- to -rw-------.
Rotating back to landscape did not change the permissions again, remain

As an additional test, I opened a landscape photo and created a portrait
image by using the editor-Transform-Aspect Ratio Crop.
When saved as new version, the new version is permissions -rw-r--r--