[Digikam-users] file permissions of jpeg images change after rotating images in album view

Arnd Diestelhorst kde-apps at hanamana.de
Wed Dec 26 14:34:26 GMT 2012

My first message here, therefore hello digikam users!

After rotating an image in album view, either with the overlay buttons or
from the image menu, file permissions are changed to -rw------. This is a
big problem in a multi user environment. I did not find any other operation
in digikam which does this. Especially rotating images in the editor does
not show this behaviour, neither with destructive nor with non destructive
editing.

I could not find any other setting than umask, which could influence this.
umask doesn't help. In the past there have been similar issues with
digikam, maybe this specific place was overlooked?

My files are located on a nfs server. I have digikam 2.9.0 on an Arch Linux
system with KDE 4.9.4. The libjpeg on arch linux is libjpeg-turbo.

Arnd