[Digikam-users] importing Picasa desktop albums

Marie-Noëlle Augendre mnaugendre at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 12:06:39 GMT 2012

When I began to use Digikam 3 years ago, I imported all my pictures that
were previously managed with Photoshop Elements. As all the tags were
stored in the pictures, I didn't loose anything, except for the tags
hierarchy that I had to recreate manually in Digikam.
But I don't know whether Picasa does the same thing (not sure as I think it
uses virtual albums).

Marie-Noëlle

2012/12/15 Dror <drorcohen at gmail.com>

> Hi,
> I'm looking to migrate from Picasa (on windows) to digiKam (on Ubuntu).
> Can't seem to find the feature of importing all my hard worked ~500 albums
> from the last 7 years (Google seems to give results for importing Picasa
> Web Albums). Would love to be shown how to do it, or vote for adding this
> feature.
>
> thanks,
> Dror

<http://www.marie-noelle-augendre.com/photos/>

Mes dernières photos sont dans ma
galerie<http://www.marie-noelle-augendre.com/photos/>
.
Connaissez-vous Image Fixe <http://image-fixe.org>, le photo-club de Saint
Jean du Gard ?
Et parcourez les Cévennes à ma façon avec Cévennes
Plurielles<http://www.cevennes-plurielles.com/>,