[Digikam-users] Database inconsistencies

Matthieu Pupat digikam at pupat-ghestem.net
Thu Dec 13 16:38:54 GMT 2012

On 12/12/2012 02:00 PM, Jean-François Rabasse wrote:

> But you don't say what kind of DB uses your Digikam. MySQL or SQLite3 ?
I have MySQL database

> The best way is, from time to time, to have your metadata in images, then
> destroy the Digikam DB, then restart from scratch and let DK browse your
> collections and recreate all stuff.
I would do that but I have a few CR2 and movies file that do not have
information stored in them. I used to use Geosetter and it would store
the metadata in a separate .THM file next to the CR2 or video. Could
this be a future development for digikam?

BTW does all DB information go in the metadata (tags, faces, ...)?

Thanks,

Matthieu