[Digikam-users] Version 2.5.0 of Digikam fails operation when attempting Windows file delete

E. H. Wodrich ehwodrich at rainbowhaven.net
Sun Dec 2 00:37:32 GMT 2012

Greetings All,

I am new to Digikam.  Please forgive any oversights on my part.

I am running Digikam Version 2.5.0 on Windows XP SP2.  I installed with
the recommended Sourceforge installer.  I very much like this program
and would like to be able to continue to use it.

The problem that I am having is that Digikam does not seem to play well
with the Windows File System.  For example, when I try to move a
photograph between album files or delete a bad photograph, the operation
fails.  Trying this on either a regular user or admin user account
achieves the same results on my computer.  I have not had the option to
try this on another system.

I have noted that version 2.9.0 is available.

Is the problem with Windows issues still a "known problem" with version
2.9.0?

If I upgrade, should I completely deinstall the prior version and KDE
for Windows support and start over or should I just install over the old
version?

I want to get this working as soon as possible.  Although I have some
(old) technical experience I am not a developer level so I would
appreciate any legitimate help to make this work on Windows XP SP2 for
the time being if that is possible.

Best Regards,

ewodrich