[Digikam-users] Email

Sveinn í Felli sveinki at nett.is
Thu Aug 23 10:06:38 BST 2012

Þann fim 23.ágú 2012 06:29, skrifaði Sven Burmeister:
> Am Donnerstag, 23. August 2012, 14:18:38 schrieb David Liell:
>> How can I email one or more photos from Digikam? I want to move over from
>> Picasa which does this nicely.
>
> Select photos and use the export menu.
>
> Sven

Export --> Email Images...

Be sure to configure your email-client on the config tab (if
you have an older version which had separate tabs)

IMHO one of the most useful KIPI-plugins for
Digikam/Gwenview; much used by my not-so-computer-litterate
girlfriend and the "Adjust image properties" spares us a lot
of bandwidth/HDD bytes. Maybe it's missing a "send currently
selected images in full resolution" feature, but that's easy
to bypass.

Sure, such a resampling feature should rather be integrated
into every decent email-client, f.x. these days there's only
a warning for all big attachments popping up in Thunderbird
(an extension exists; Auto Resize Image).

Sorry for venting; just had my IMAP quota eaten by a family
member sending 20-30 x ~8Mb 'snapshots', not the first time.

Best regards,
Sveinn í Felli