[Digikam-users] Access from Linux and Windows

Harald Heigl Harald at heigl-online.at
Thu Aug 16 00:26:10 BST 2012

Hi all!

I'm just testing digiKam a little bit and I like it J

I have a fileserver with my pictures and an nfs/samba-server on it.

I would like to access my collection from both Linux and Windows, but for
windows I'd prefer samba, on linux nfs.

So I would end up in two different album-roots:
     on samba: //fileserver/MyPictures/.

     on nfs: /srv/mymmountpointToNfsShare/MyPictures/.

     For digiKam-database I'd take an mysql-server (accessible from both
windows and linux)

The path beyond MyPictures would be the same. So what I would need is two
(or more) alternative albumroots which describe just one album.

An alternative would be to use a virtal machine on my windows box .

Perhaps someone had a similar problem.

I hope you got me, if not feel free to ask.

Thanks,

Harald