[Digikam-users] import menus and album folder icons

nfuller nfuller at wefu.org
Wed Aug 15 19:22:18 BST 2012

I am using DigiKam 2.5, with updates as Ubuntu offers them, and Ubuntu
12.04.
I love DK, its ease and functionality.  Two small issues remain in a
near perfect program:

One - DigiKam has two options to import files.  On the top line, the
drop down Import menu allows me to easily download from my Canon. Just
below, there is also the word "Import" with a camera icon.  If I choose
this by mistake, DK begins to download from my backup hard drive, which
is where I initially transferred all my files from when I got my new
computer with its new version of DK.  I have to force close everything
to get it to stop.
What is this icon for?  How can I delete it?

Another small issue:  it would help if the blue folder icons on the
album list lit up or showed that they were selected.  I use the albums
constantly to organize my photos - it always works, but I am never sure
that I am putting files where I want them.

thanks for such a good product