[Digikam-users] Thumbnail window is alway empty

Wolfgang Strobel wolfgang_strobel at yahoo.de
Thu Aug 9 20:32:10 BST 2012

I have installed Digikam 2.7 under Windows XP.
I can Import some Folders as Collections to Digikam and I can see the
Thumbnails in the Thumbnail-Window.
When i am add a new Collection to digikam Albums, after the Import in
all Albums there are no Thumbnails in the Thumbnail-Window.
I can open all Folders in all Albums, but no Thumbnails in the
Thumbnail-Window are visible.
At the first Time i have importet folders with 700, 798, 1420, 587,
4203, 2869 Photos as Albums.
After the Imorts i can see the Thumbnails.
After import the next Folder with 5115 Photos, in all Albums the Windows
with the Thumbnails ar empty.
The Function Rebuild Thumbnails has also no Effect.
I am only import Pictures, no Videos.
After closing Digikam the Processes dbus-daemon.exe and a lot
kioslave.exe are still running with no CPU-Usage.

Is possible to test the Import of the Thumbnails from the commandline to
become some helpful Back messages?
This Effect was also same with Digikam 2.5 and Digikam 2.6.

What can i do that all the Thumbnails are visible?

Wolfgang