[Digikam-users] What does DK's import from card do?

John Stumbles john at stumbles.org.uk
Fri Apr 13 12:31:43 BST 2012

On 13/04/12 11:57, John Stumbles wrote:

> OK I can see how to get this menu (it was a bit confusing because
> there's a 'Settings' item on the menubar which is just the same as in
> the main DigiKam window!) and I can specify a custom filename format (I
> think [date:"yyyyMMdd_hhmmss"]_[file]{lower}.[ext]{lower} should do what
> I want) but I can't find a way to specify my destination album: if I use
> the [date:"yyyyMMdd"] format in my Date-based sub-album specification it
> shows that it would come out as
> Ex: [26ate:"19681226"]
> which is not what I want!
>
> Am I missing something or is DigiKam unable to do custom formats in the
> destination album specification?

Sorry, forget that last bit: I found how to specify it e.g.
     ~/pix/yyyy/yyyyMMdd
(whose idea was it to have a *different* specification for this part?!)

But now that I've specified how I want DK to rename my image files, and
where to put them, if I click Download it opens up a dialogue asking
where to put the images! And the default is to put them in some
seemingly random place - certainly not what I specified for the album
location!

What am I missing? should I be somehow saving the settings I've just
customised before trying to download?

tia

--
John Stumbles                                    http://stumbles.org.uk