[Digikam-users] Best way manage free form information about the content of an image?

Simon Cropper simoncropper at fossworkflowguides.com
Tue Apr 10 03:28:24 BST 2012

Hi,

Although this is the first time I have posted on this list I have been
using digikam for many years.

I have quite a large collection -- digital images and scanned images.

I am in the process of scanning in quite a lot of historical images.

The intent is to get other people to sit down with me in front of the
computer and tell me who is in the photograph, where the image was
taken, etc.

How is this information best stored - tags, comments, captions, notes?

How safe is the information once captured? If the directory tree is
changed or file moved how can I ensure the data goes with the image?

How can I export this data, with or without image, to an external format
-- a webpage or example?

Any ideas or experiences would be appreciated.

--
Cheers Simon

    Simon Cropper - Open Content Creator / Website Administrator

    Free and Open Source Software Workflow Guides