[Digikam-users] What does DK's import from card do?

Peter Albrecht peter at crazymonkeys.de
Mon Apr 9 14:00:25 BST 2012

That seems to be quite identical to the steps I use DK
import for.

Picture "IMG_6917.JPG" from SD-Card becomes
"(2012-04-09)\EOS-img_6917.jpg" on HDD.

And the pictures are auto-rotated. The naming is very
powerful. As an example I use the template:

  [cam]{range:13,15}-[file]{lower}.[ext]{lower}

Just have a try. I can't think of anything bad, which might
happen from trying.

DigiKam tries to remember, which pictures it has imported.
So you can use "import all new pictures form SD card". But
this is currently not working very well at my setup.
Sometimes pictures are not marked as "already imported".
Didn't have the time to investigate further, sorry.

Peter